The first service pack for V-Ray for Rhino 2.00 has been released by ChaosGroup. This update is totally free to all owners of V-Ray 2.00 and can be downloaded from the ChaosGroup download section, (registration required.) I have been using it for a while and my favorite bug fix has got to be the ‘missing texture maps when you change computers. Damn, that drove me nuts for months! Anyway, it’s fixed and my life has definitely improved by 47% or more.
A few of the new and improved features include:
• Batch Render: Easily queue up files and specific views to be rendered in a batch process.
• Show in Viewport: With the new texture manipulation option you can now control which textures will be visible in the Rhino viewport.
• Pack all V-Ray Materials: Archive your V-Ray for Rhino materials and all external files into a single ZIP for easy sharing and back up.
• Improved support for using V-Ray Frame Buffer Channels.
• New toolbar for Batch Render, Guess Lens Shift, Edit Material and set Focus Point tools.
• All new support documentation — finally!
For the full list of amazing and life-changing features, plus glorious bug fixes, be sure to go check out the PDF posted online. What, you have something better to do? I doubt that.